In this class, students will gain the knowledge and understanding of Ayurveda and therapeutic yoga connections, and its uses for treating different diseases. The goal of this course is to introduce the students to basic yogic principles, Ayurvedic principles, and hands-on practice. Upon completion of this course, students will have the knowledge to guide clients and themselves into an accessible yoga practice that cultivates care and wellness in times of imbalance.
- The following topics will be covered in detail in this four-day class:
History of yoga and yoga therapies
- What a practitioner of Ayurveda and therapeutic yoga does
- Scope of practice of Ayurveda and therapeutic yoga
- How an Ayurveda and yoga can complement each other
- Hands on practicum of yoga
- Therapeutic tools for Ayurveda and yoga
- Hands on practicum for therapeutical uses
Dates: Schedule Posted Here!
Instructor: Susan Bernhardt
Class format: In-person in Superior, Colorado near Boulder
Credits: 2 Credit
Text Book(s)/Notes: Students will receive PowerPoint notes prior to class