Preparation Time: 15 to 20 Minutes
Serves: 6 servings
Respiratory system is the main area of action where vasa does miracles as it works on blood flow and vagus nerve action, mainly on lungs. Vasa liquefy Kapha which gets expectorated. It is bronchodilator and therefore breathing becomes easier. This is a long-lasting affect and thus Vasa is used in asthma, breathlessness, and throat infection. It is a safe for children, adults, and elderly population. You can take ¼ cup of Aulsa cough syrup three times a day. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoon Vasa or Adulsa Powder (Adhatoda vasica)
- 1 Teaspoon Licorice or Jeshtimadh Powder (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- 15-20 Fresh Basil (Tulsi) Leaves
- 10-12 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Ginger Powder or 1-inch Fresh Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 2-3 Teaspoon Honey (Optional)
PREPARING HERBAL COUGH SYRUP:
- In a pot, on medium heat, combine all ingredients except honey.
- Allow mixture to become hot, but not all the way to the boiling point.
- Simmer the decoction on slow flame till it reduces to half the amount or 3 cups.
- Then remove it from heat and strain the decoction.
- Pour it in a teacup while it is still warm and stir in honey and some Saffron strands.
- Drink hot anytime during the day, or before going to bed if you have a cough or cold.
You can get Vasa or Adulsa Powder (Adhatoda vasica) and Licorice or Jeshtimadh Powder (Glycyrrhiza glabra) powder from https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/ or https://garrysun.com/
Ayurved Sadhana will continue adding more blogs, herbs, health tips and recipes through Facebook and Newsletter. If you have any questions, please send email to email@example.com
All rights reserved by Ayurved Sadhana Vidyalaya. Do not distribute or publish this material.