- ELIMINATE SUGAR: Ensure that sugar is completely OUT of your diet as sugar negatively affects your immune system.
- PLENTY OF SLEEP: Get at least 8 hours of sleep. An outcome of rest, relaxation, and sleep is the boosting of your immune system.
- HYDRATE: Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water throughout the day. No Soda or sugary drinks. Try drinking hot or lukewarm water with a little lemon juice throughout the day.
- GINGER AND TURMERIC: Eat slices of fresh organic ginger and yellow turmeric with your meal or eat them first thing in the morning.
- TULSI AND BLACK PEPPER: It is important to eat 1 to 2 Tulsi (holy basil) leaves with a whole black pepper during the Vata time of day (2 pm – 6 pm) every day.
- VITAMINS: Take Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Zinc. These vitamins will help your body stay strong and healthy.
- MEDITATION AND PRANAYAMA: Practice mediation and pranayama to keep the flow of healthy oxygen in lungs and vital organs.
- MANTRAS: Bharat Vaidya also recommends chanting “Jai Bhaskaray Namha” mantra daily, as the energy of Sun or Agni helps to destroy the virus. You can also chant Maha Mrutunjaya mantra.
- AVOID DRYNESS: Dry eyes, ears and nose invite virus infections. If you have a dry nose, eyes or ears; apply a drop of ghee, almond oil or castor oil inside the nostrils or add it to the corner of each eyeand around the eyelids. You can use herbal garlic eardrops to avoid dryness in ears.
- SHAMSHAMANI VATI or GUDUCHI BLEND: Bharat Vaidya also suggests taking 2 Samshamani tablets with an empty stomach first thing in the morning as a safe and natural way to boost your immune system. These natural supplements are made from Amrita or Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) a herb known for increasing the body’s resistance to illness and stress. A teaspoon mixture of Guduchi, Pippali (Piper longum) and Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) in equal parts first thing in the morning or before breakfast can be used as a substitute for Samshamani tablet. Here is the recommendation Please see the link below if you decide to buy it online: https://garrysun.com/
Ayurved Sadhana will continue adding more blogs, herbs, health tips and recipes through Facebook and Newsletter. If you have any questions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved by Ayurved Sadhana Vidyalaya. Do not distribute or publish this material.