Aushadh Kriya: Ayurvedic Herbal Preparations, is a lost art to many, but is still vital in parts of India and slowly finding its way to the west. In this hands-on course, students will gain an understanding of the historical development of Aushadhkriya through the ancient texts. Furthermore, students will learn how to make traditional Ayurvedic herbal preparations including Rasayana formulas, decoctions and rare botanical combinations.
This course covers 45-50 important herbal preparations for personal, family and client use. Aushadh Kriya elegantly compares traditional Ayurvedic formulations with modern pharmacological approaches. In this 5-day hands-on course you will learn:
- Traditional methods of collecting, preparing, and purifying common plants and mineral substances.
- How to assess Ayurvedic herbs and mineral quality
- How to determine correct dosage.
- Different types of preparations of Ayurvedic medicines and when to use them, including: churna (powder), vati (pills), kalka (paste), swaras (fresh juice), kashaya (decoction), cough syrups, and other medicines
- How different preparation methods can increase the effectiveness of herbs in different tissues and render selected minerals safe for use.
Dates: Schedule Posted Here!
Instructor: Dr. Bharat Vaidya and Anupama Vaidya
Class format: In-person in Superior, Colorado near Boulder
Credits: 3 Credit
Text Book(s)/Notes: Students will receive PowerPoint notes prior to class