Aushadh Kriya: Ayurvedic Herbal Preparations, is a lost art to many, but is still vital in parts of India and slowly finding its way to the west. Understand the historical development of Aushadhkriya through the ancient texts and learn how to make traditional Ayurvedic herbal preparations including chyavanprash with herbs available in the west.
This course covers 45-50 important herbal preparations for personal, family and client use. Elegantly compares traditional Ayurvedic formulations with modern pharmacological approaches. In this 5 day hands-on course you will learn:
- Traditional methods of collecting, preparing, and purifying common plants and mineral substances.
- How to assess Ayurvedic herbs and mineral quality
- How to determine correct dosage.
- Different types of preparations of Ayurvedic medicines and when to use them, including: churna (powder), vati (pills), kalka (paste), swaras (fresh juice), kashaya (decoction), cough syrups, and other medicines
- How different preparation methods can increase the effectiveness of herbs in different tissues and render selected minerals safe for use.
Note: If a student is enrolled in the Ayurvedic Practitioner or Advanced Ayurvedic Practitioner Program, the tuition fee for this class is included.
Dates: Classes starting Saturday, January 25, 2020, through Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT.
Please check the calendar for details and dates: https://ayurvedsadhana.com/events
- Sat, Jan 25, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Sun, Jan 26, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Mon, Jan 27, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Tues, Jan 28, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
- Wed, Jan 29, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm MT
Assignments Due Date: Friday, March 6, 2020.
Instructor: Dr. Bharat Vaidya and Anupama Vaidya
Class Format: Live webinar or in-person Superior, Colorado near Boulder
Credits: 3 Credits
Text Book(s)/Notes: Students will receive PowerPoint notes prior to class