In Kaumarabhritya: Ayurveda and Children’s Wellness covers knowledge by which practitioners will be able to offer appropriate recommendations for imbalances occurring in infancy and early childhood. More specifically, this course provides suggestive dietetics and lifestyle for the enhancement of wellness during the pregnancy and postpartum periods respectively. Additionally, a month by month break down of Embryology is explored through both an Allopathic and Ayurvedic lens in the class of Kaumarabhritya.
In Kaumarabhritya: Ayurveda and Children’s Wellness class, students will also learn:
- Introduction of Kaumarbhrutya through Kashap Samhita
- Neonatology – Sishu Vigyana – growth and development
- Neonatal ailments – Prassavottara Sishu Vyadhis and recommendations.
- Upacaya or herbal treatments
- Aushadh Matra and Aushadha
- Nutritional disorders and food and lifestyle -Poshak Ahara Lopa
- Upachaya Awastha Vyadhi – ailments of growth and development and its recommendations
Dates: Schedule Posted Here!
Instructor: Dr. Bharat Vaidya
Class format: In-person in Superior, Colorado near Boulder
Credits: 2 Credit
Text Book(s)/Notes: Students will receive PowerPoint notes prior to class
ARTIST CREDIT: Ben Wicks