Ayurved Sadhana is so grateful and excited to continue forward with our next Ayurvedic Doula Nutrition and Support Program for the 2018/2019 school year! Classes for our 9- month program begin on Saturday August 11th, 2018. We invite you to reach out with your questions and/or to receive support in registering for this year .
Class Curriculum Includes:
- Doula Fundamentals for Ayurved
- Herbs and Spices for Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Ayurvedic Breast Care
- Ayurvedic Foundations of Women’s Health in Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Maternal Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Calendar of Care
- Ayurvedic Cooking for Pregnancy
- Ayurvedic Cooking for Postpartum
- Doula Self Care
- Mothers Marma for Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Mother’s Ayurvedic Warm Oil Application Instruction
- Infant Ayurvedic Warm Oil Application Instruction
- Postpartum Oils Salves and Medicated Ghrits
Students will also complete an extensive Externship to root into and refine their skillset before stepping fully into their professional practices as Ayurvedic Doulas.
Deep bows to our teachers: Ahara Vatter, Anupama Vaidya, Bharat Vaidya, Lakshmi Nair, Shelly King, Shweta, and Terra Rafael. Each of our Instructors help us in sustaining this program, so that we can continue sharing the traditional knowledge of Ayurved with families and birth workers in our local and global communities.